Get the HP printer driver you need to get your printer up and running.
Hewlett-Packard, or simply HP, is one of the worlds largest manufacturers of printers and computers. HPs first inkjet printer, the ThinkJet, was introduced to the market in 1984. Since then, HP has produced countless printer models and millions of units. Businesses using old HP printer units can find the software and drivers they need to run their printers even on new computers by accessing HPs software and driver database, which is readily available online.
1. Open your computers Internet browser and navigate to the HP Support and Drivers website.
2. Enter the printers name and model number, such as HP Laserjet 4100 or HP Deskjet 932c. The printers name and model should be printed either on the front of the printer or on the rear on a tag affixed to the machine.
3. Select the appropriate model from the resulting drop-down list and click it.
4. Select your computers operating system from the resulting drop-down list. Selecting the correct operating system is critical to getting the appropriate printer driver. Choosing an incorrect operating system may render the driver unusable on your computer.
5. Choose your driver language from the resulting drop-down menu. English is selected by default, but other languages are available. Next, scroll down to the driver box and click the download button. If you prefer, you can also download the printers software package as well, but it is not required.
6. Complete the driver installation by following the on-screen prompts to continue. The driver will then be installed and you will be able to install your old HP printer on your computer so that you can print documents.
If you are unsure of your printers model number, you can record the printers serial number, which is located on the back of the printer, and call HP Customer Service at 1-. The customer service agent will be able to look up the model number based on the printers serial number.
HP: Technical Support for HP Products
Leeann Teagno has been writing professionally since 2006. An English major, she continues to study information systems management at American Public University. Teagno is an organic gardener, cook and technology buff with past employment in mobile communications. She also volunteers at an animal shelter and operates a home bakery.
Problems with an HP Officejet Software Bundle
OS X & HP Printer Drivers Update Cant Be Installed
How to Remove a Print Driver From a Mac Computer
How to Scan a Document Into Word From a HP Officejet 6310
Can an HP Ink Cartridge Be Used for a Dell Printer?
How to Download Drivers for a Kodak Printer
How to Completely Delete and Uninstall the HP Printer Deskjet Driver Software